Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer School Fun & I Went Shopping...

Week 2 of summer school officially began today. My little group needed some extra practice with their basic facts today so we played a game. All you need is a deck of cards with all of the face cards removed. Then put all of the cards face down on the table like you are going to play memory. The object of the game is to turn over 2 cards that match (6 hearts & 6 spades). Once you have a match just write down the addition number sentence (6+6=12). Keep playing until all the cards are matched up! To make it more exciting I let my kiddos come up to the big white board and write their addition number sentence. This got them up moving around, having fun and practicing their double facts! 

Once summer school was over I decided to head on over to Starbucks with a friend for some chit chatting. I LOVE iced nonfat caramel macchiatos. Afterwards we decided to do some shopping. One of our stops was Walmart. My friend had looked high and low for cute hanging files and we found some neon ones at Walmart (no pic sorry)! I got super excited when I discovered these things...

 

Reuseable Dry Erase Pockets for only $1.97 and bonus...they come with 5 copies of the sheets on the cover (blank clock, alphabet, blank addition/multiplication and blank handwriting lines. These are great for centers and eliminate the need to make tons of copies! I only bought 4 and I think I need to buy a few more. 


Next find...these adorable boxes of crayons. Target has similar ones but not all in the same shade. Not quite sure what I will use them for exactly...but I couldn't resist! They were only 78 cents a box. Any ideas? :) 

Have a great evening! 






2 comments:

Sabrina said...

The first thing that popped in my mind when I saw the crayons was the L1.5d standard that is about shades of meaning. Students can use the shades of the crayons to order words ex. chilly, cold, freezing. I'm going to look for those.

Kelly said...

That's a fabulous idea! :)

Post a Comment