Friday, March 15, 2013

FiVe FoR fRiDaY {#2}


I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs this week to share with you five happenings from my week.

1.
Today was dress as your favorite book character day. So fun! Can you guess who I was? I was standing at my door this morning greeting students with my elephant ears and sign necklace. One little kiddo said, "I like your rat costume!" Another one exclaimed, "Oooo...you're Mickey Mouse!"Not quite...  :)

2. A little Pinterest inspired fun...
I saw these cute little baggies last year after St. Patty's day. This year I knew that I had to make them. I came across some on a blog, but my color ink was out. So, I made my own last night and busted out the crayons to add a pop of color. My kiddos loved their morning treat while they worked this morning.


3. I had another power cord mishap...

I went to charge my iphone last night and it wouldn't charge. {sad face} I was at 30% power and I use it as my alarm. It did wake me up in the morning and I charged it up some using my car charger on the way to school this morning. It's crazy that I rely so much on my phone! Anyways, the cord got all gnarled up and pinched so I went to Best Buy and promptly bought a new one after school. 20 some bucks later my phone is all ready to rock and roll!

4.

My friends got the official call yesterday telling them when they can head down to Bogota, Colombia to adopt their 3 kids. So exciting! The orphanage that they are adopting them from is one that I have visited twice on a mission trip. I'm heading back this summer too. We teach a vacation Bible school like camp there for a week. I've actually met these 3 sweet kids on the past two trips. I'm so happy that they are coming home to their forever family. 
5. 


I posted a new pack to Tpt that is very similar to my Blend Bling. This little pack is Short Vowel Bling. Have your kiddos trace the sound, color the coordinating pic, and then color the sounds in the words going around the bling. Hole punch at the top and tie some yarn through. 

Now it's your turn, so go link up!





3 comments:

The Frizz said...

Your blend bling is such a cute idea. I am going to have to go check them out!

The Frizz

The Frizz in First Grade

Unknown said...

I love the idea of the blend bling too! Great job!
I am having a “Spring Break Bucket List” linky party...stop by and link up!

Brigid
Brigid Ann
Brigid's Daily Lesson Log

Mr. First Grade said...

Found your blog on the link up. I'll definitely be checking out your bling!!!

Andrew
Mr. First Grade

Post a Comment