Monday, May 7, 2012

A {Humongous} Thank You & a Freebie!

Happy Teacher Appreciation week everyone!

I was totally blown away yesterday by the amount of people who downloaded my Valentines Day Math Centers freebie yesterday! I absolutely LOVED reading all of the comments and getting lots of great freebies myself.   I enjoyed visiting new blogs and TpT stores yesterday {so fun}. Thank you to all of the sellers yesterday who posted freebies yesterday! 

With the Teacher Appreciation Jackpot going on, I didn't get a chance to post some of the things my firsties did last week. We worked on my Antonym Ants Picnic Freebie. My kids had so much fun coming up with antonyms. 


The next day, I wrote on notecards some antonyms that weren't on the ants they made. Then, I passed out the word cards. Students had to find the other student with their matching antonym. Next, they created a poster illustrating their antonyms. Here's a picture....


We were also working on fractions. I found this super cute idea... fraction cupcakes from Jen R at The Teacher's Caulderon. I happen to have a star hole puncher and thought those would make super cute sprinkles.



And... last but not least, here's the freebie that I mentioned in my post title... I created a little freebie response activity to go along with one of my favorite poems "Bleezer's Ice Cream" by Jack Prelutsky. The poem contains several newly invented ice cream flavors like Tuna Taco Baked Potato. After reading the poem, students can invent their new flavor of ice cream on the response sheet and color in the ice cream to show what it looks like in the cone. This poem is a favorite every year! You can get it by Clicking Here {Bleezer's Poetry Response}


Happy Teacher's Appreciation Week!

10 comments:

Michelle Griffo said...

I love your ice cream activity!

Michelle
Apples and ABC's

Kelly said...

Thank you :)

Miss Sara said...

thanks for the cute freebie!
I am your newest follower!
stop by my blog if you get a chance :)
Miss Elementary

Kelly said...

I'm glad that you liked the freebie. :)

Jessica Ann Stanford said...

Loved the freebie!!

Blessings,

Jessica Stanford
Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog
My TpT Store

Kelly said...

Thank you Jessica!

Tanya Dwyer said...

Who wouldn't LOVE writing about ice cream?! MMMMMMM....Yummo! Thanks for the freebie! :-)

~Tanya

Kelly said...

You're welcome Tanya. :)

Primary Possibilities said...

That is such a cute idea! What a great way for them to remember antonyms... I know when I worked with older kids they still struggled with it!

Your newest follower!
Stephany
http://primarypossibilities.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

Thank you Stephany!

Post a Comment