Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sums of 15 and other happenings

This week in math we have been working on finding sums of 60, 12, and 15. This upcoming week we are doing sums of 16, 18, and 20. I came up with this game to help my kiddos practice finding sums of different numbers. I played it as a whole class game with jumbo inflatable dice. I quickly wrote out the blank problems on the board. Since they learned how to play the game last week with the numbers 12 and 15, this week they should be able to play it with a partner for the sums of 16, 18, and 20. Well...at least that's what I'm hoping!

Click the picture and it will take you to my TpT store to download it for FREE! 
Here's a peak at what the game board looks like...I've even made a blank one for easy use with any number!


Disclaimer: If the directions don't make sense when you download PLEASE let me know! I struggled with "just right" wording. It makes sense to me but then again it might be as clear as murky water to someone else! 


Here's a little peak at what we did this past week in my class...






On Fridays I have my kiddos fill out this paper for the star of the week {Thank you Susan Moran!). Our focus this month is compassion. All week I had been reading them books that deal with compassion. As a school we are showing compassion by collecting coins for a kid who has muscular dystrophy and is confined to a wheelchair. His parents need money to renovate their house for their son. I loved that one of my students decided to use the word compassion while describing a classmate. How precious is that?

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

P.S. I'm 11 followers away from 200! I can't believe it. I see a super exciting giveaway in the near future. Anyone out there willing to donate one of their amazing products? If you are email me or comment. I would really appreciate it! 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great freebie! I am having a “Tour My Blog” linky party...stop by and link up! It is a great way for bloggers and their viewers to learn about your blog! I would love for you to join me!

Brigid
Bits of First Grade

Beach Teacher said...

I'd be happy to donate an item for your giveaway! Please let me know which item from my TPT store that you would like:) I am looking forward to meeting you on Saturday!

Primary Classrooms are Oceans of Fun

halime said...

gümüşhane
bilecik
erzincan
nevşehir
niğde
İDZSCA

Post a Comment